You no doubt remember the old saying that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” That couldn’t be closer to the truth when it comes to orthodontics. It’s almost always easier to resolve an issue that’s caught early, which means it’s important to bring your child in for early/interceptive treatment at a young age. Dr. Vo is pleased to provide these services to patients from throughout the San Antonio and Windcrest, TX areas.
Top Reasons to Visit Windcrest Orthodontics for Early/Interceptive Treatment
- Vo and her trained staff of orthodontic professionals understand that young patients need extra special care and attention, so that each trip to our office turns out to be a positive experience.
- Early/interceptive treatment can save your family money in the long run by avoiding costly procedures later on.
- Our fees at Windcrest Orthodontics compare favorably to other practices in this area.
Important Information about Early/Interceptive Treatment
The American Academy of Orthodontics recommends that you bring your child in for his or her first orthodontic assessment by the age of 7, and for good reason. There are many benefits to treating children at an early age. Generally speaking, the earlier you treat issues or address the possibility of future problems, the fewer procedures the child will need in the future. Our youngest patients often suffer from some of these common conditions:
- Misaligned teeth that are growing in crooked
- Front teeth that are protruding (often as a result of thumb sucking)
- Narrow dental arches
- Teeth that don’t meet in the front – also referred to as an “open bite”
The good news is that all of these issues and more can be effectively treated by Dr. Vo and her staff. Remember, when it comes to orthodontics, an ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of cure!
Contact Us Today
For more information about early/interceptive treatment, or to schedule an assessment you’re your child, contact our office today. We are pleased and proud to serve patients from throughout the San Antonio and Windcrest, TX areas.