Did you know that recent studies conducted over the past few years have shown that an attractive smile can actually boost your self-esteem? In fact, people with beautiful smiles were shown to have more self-confidence and were even seen as more trustworthy by others. For all those reasons and many more, enhancing the appearance of your smile is more than just an improvement in your appearance – it can actually improve the quality of your life as well! One procedure that can provide a dramatic improvement in the appearance of your smile is laser contouring. Dr. Vo is pleased to provide this service to her patients from throughout the San Antonio and Windcrest, TX areas.
Top Reasons to Visit Windcrest Orthodontics for Laser Contouring:
- Laser contouring can give you the beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of but never thought you could have!
- Laser contouring isn’t just a cosmetic procedure – it’s also an effective way to treat impacted teeth or to reduce frenum tissue (see description below).
- Dr. Vo and her trained staff of dental professionals have performed laser contouring procedures for many of their San Antonio and Windcrest, TX area patients.
- The fees charged for this procedure by Windcrest Orthodontics are comparable to other orthodontic practices in this area.
What You Should Know about Laser Contouring
Laser contouring involves use of a diode laser to change the shape of gum tissue. Dr. Vo begins by making small cuts in the tissue using the laser. This greatly reduces the time involved in healing, as well as reducing bleeding and chance for infection. Gums heal quickly, and the procedure itself is fast and virtually painless.
Laser contouring can be an effective means of treating any of the following conditions:
- Excessive gums: People with gums that come down too far down on the upper front teeth have what is often called a “gummy smile.” This can take away from the natural beauty of a person’s smile. Laser contouring can reshape the gums, dramatically improving the appearance of the patient’s smile.
- Impacted teeth: Teeth that don’t grown completely through the gums are called “impacted teeth.” In some instances, laser contouring is a good choice to treat this condition.
- Frenectomy: The tissue that connects the gums to the upper lip is called the frenum. If this tissue is either too large or attaches too low, laser contouring is an effective way to reduce the amount of frenum tissue.
Contact Windcrest Orthodontics Today
For more information about laser contouring, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Vo, contact our office today. We are pleased to provide services for patients from throughout the San Antonio and Windcrest, TX areas.